Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Yuś ési me-ós leuk en bʰel

you are my light and bright

En so ďei –no kom so sóh₂wl̥ apo leuk en ne temó

in the day by the sun of light and no darkness

Ad nekʷ-t kom so mḗh₁n̥s en h₂stḗres

at night by the moon and stars

Yus mem bʰlēyǵ-si

you me shine


Yuś ési me-ós leub apo sengʷh.

you are my love of song
En so sem oino gʷer awim bʰu h₂ti
In the summer a mountian bird becomes
En so g'heim oino pel os snei gʷʰm bʰu h₂ti
In the Winter a gray snow becomes
Yus de mem wekʷ-si
You speak to me

You are my light and bright

By the light of sun and no darkness in the day

By the moon and stars at night

You shine me

You are my song of love

As a mountain bird in the summer

As a gray wind in the winter

You speak to me

2 comments:

  1. sorry I don't know how to edit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good job incorporating the IE linguistic features. I like the reverent tone.

    ReplyDelete