Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Indo-European poem

Wergmi kar en wereargmi


by Kaley Shoaf


Ambhi wergmi kar en wereargmi egs to regm esenmi
By work hard and manshine I the right earn
Ad līk terə me-ós dhēm weidmi
At each turn my face to see
En kweimis en wekwmis kweiə to weikpopuluses mére no-menmi legénti
In whispers and hushed tones the villagers my name say
Kweiə egs agh līk terə to merkmi greahmi
While I day each through the market pass
Perleulīk en battuerens en peksuns dlegm
Fearlessly in battles and fights engaged
Wed ambhi werbh egs kailo magm
Surrounded by wrongs I right made
Me-ós bhās nēhw-iz en per sentt
My fame near and far traveled
Me-ós no-mens pentti kwo to bhads apo toōm esti
My name will be found where the best of them are

English Translation:
Through hard work and manshine I earn
The right to see my face at each turn
In whispers and hushed tones the villagers say
My name as I pass through the market each day
Fearlessly engaged in battles and fights
Surrounded by wrongs I now have made right
My glory has traveled near and far
My name will be found where the best of them are

No comments:

Post a Comment