Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Indo-European Poem

English Translation
The Lord is my sovereign
Of all the kings above
And of all the kings below
It is the King of Kings I seek
It is the King of Kings I obey

The Lord is my sovereign
His love is eternal and never ending
He is the crown of all the earth
Through him, reform appears

The Lord is my sovereign
The air and bread of my heart
He who saves man knows all
I will listen for his call

So Bhreuə-wers esti me uperos
The Bread Keeper is my sovereign
Apo al upoi genəns
Of all above kings
En apo al ndheri genəns
And of all under kings
Esti Genəs apo Genəes egs sāgmi
Is King of Kings I follow
Esti Genəs apo Genəes egs aumi
Is King of Kings I obey

So Bhreuə-wers me uperos esti
The Bread Keeper my sovereign is
Ko leubhes es aiwey en aiw-ne antti
His love es eternal and never stops
Kos apo al so erey so kerm
He of all the earth is the crown
Terə kobh, bhuhénti merphm
Through him, appears reform

So Bhreuə-wers esti me uperos
The Bread Keeper is my sovereign
Werm en Bhreuəm apo me kerdos
Air and bread of my heart
Kos gnōénti al manm solénti
He knows all man saves
Per ko galos kleumi
For his call I listen

1 comment:

  1. You used the IE features very effectively in this tribute to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete