Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Think on my Name-Indo-European

Nomenm tongthe
Name think
Think on my name

hmes argos nomen

my shining name
my shining name.

Hme esn blees blees esn

I not strong strength not
Beside me there is no strength.

Hme perkus persu-eh es

I oaks heels am
I am heels of oaks

Hme kewhrom katmi

I northwind battle
I battle the northwind

Hme wornes pentin lewgmi
.
I raven-road break.
I break the raven-road.

kwenes hnerns, temoheheter berns herkothe

Holy men, dark-fire-bearers make bow
Holy men, dark-fire bearers bow

hneres hmes hedm weydthe.

they my sharp glance know
they know my sharp glance.

1 comment:

  1. I like the riddle poem formula. Riddles were an ancient sub-group of the lyric poem genre. Is the Lord the answer to the riddle? Does "heels of oaks" mean 'Truth'? "Raven-road" is a cloudy sky or the heavens? You've got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete