Monday, November 9, 2009

EMnE Hymn

I wrote this hymn based off of Matthew 11:28-30 and it is meant to be sung to the tune of Hymn #284 "If You Could Hie to Kolob" in 7-6-7-6 meter.


Come All Ye Heavy Laden

Come unto Him, the Savior,
He is our Lord and King.
His arm is ever reaching
And with his love to bring.
If we but take our burden
And all our worldly care,
He’ll lift and raise them from us
And keep us from despair.

No matter that we’ve suffered,
No matter that we’ve sinned,
He can heal all our sorrows
As if they’ve never been.
For if we will learn of Him
And have a humble heart,
Our souls shall find rest eternal
From which they’ll ne’er depart.

2 comments:

  1. I think you did such a great job! It must have taken a lot of hard work to get a scripture to fit a hymn- I know I would have had a hard time! But I think your hymn is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I especially like the beginning of the second verse. I would leave out the word "shall" in the second-to-the-last line, to make the rhythm flow better when we sing.

    ReplyDelete