Saturday, November 7, 2009

EMnE Hymn

1 Corinthians 15 – EMnE Hymn

I created this Early Modern English hymn to the tune of hymn #197 “O Savior Thou Who Wearest a Crown” in the meter 7-6-7-6.

When on the crosse He gaueth
His life for you and me,
When on that day He saueth
Vs all, our souls set free,
When Christ raised vp to show vs,
To show vs we shall liue,
The Lord our Faith bestow vs,
Faith not in vaine we giue.

O poor and lowly spirits
In jeopardy we stande,
For that our Death we fear it
So dark the Fate of man.
Throu Christ the poor are lifted,
His endlesse loue employd,
With gratitude are gifted,
Death, enemy, destroyed.

Our thanks we raise up to thee
The Lord His loue not frail
No winde nor Torrent moue me
From vict’rie at the veil.
The dead will be transfourmed in
The twinkling of an eie.
The trumpet sounds His coming
Eternall life is nigh.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your hymn! I especially like the work you put into finding the spellings of all the words. It's really lyrical and fits the tune well. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right! You do have a gift for writing hymns! I loved the feeling of it and it flowed so well. What a beautiful message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is spectacular. I like the way you used EME spelling. And I love the rhymes: lifted, gifted. They are fresh and effective.

    ReplyDelete